Dietary supplements have become popular in recent years because the average Western diet is lacking in certain vital nutrients such as vitamins and minerals and they have become a lot cheaper because of these coupons you can use. One good example is the popular iherb coupon that many people use. This allows you to show at iherb.com which is a great spot for natural health products and wholefoods in general.
Most people will benefit from a calcium supplement combined with magnesium and Vitamin B12 for better absorption. A good quality multivitamin will complement a diet lacking in vital nutrients. At certain times in life there may be a need for additional supplements such as extra folic acid during pregnancy. B-complex vitamins will increase stamina when a person feels run down and as we age, it is a good idea to supplement with additional B12 vitamins.
Knowing You�re A B Cs
Few people consistently eat a healthy and well-balanced diet and maintaining a healthy body can become quite tricky. Vitamins work together in the body to ensure health and achieving the right balance is important. Vitamin supplements taken together with prescribed medication can cause health problems and should be taken with caution. Always consult with your doctor when you decide to take supplements to avoid potentially harmful interaction with medications.
Whole foods are natural, whole, fresh and unprocessed fruits, vegetables, grains and legumes. The best whole foods are local, organic and unrefined. Whole foods do not need nutrition labels as they contain only one ingredient, however, they contain nutrients and fiber which are essential for the health of the body. Juiced fruits and vegetables are not considered to be whole foods as the juicing process separates the fiber from the flesh.
A whole food in its purest and most essential basic form is micro nutrient dense and free of preservatives and additives and a whole food diet is the simplest way to ensure optimum health. When shopping for whole foods keep the following pointers in mind:
- - Focus on plant based foods.
- - Buy fruits and vegetables in season.
- - Add legumes, whole grains, nuts and seeds to your shopping list.
- - Select a colorful variety of different fruits and vegetables.
- - Learn how to clean, store and cook vegetables to avoid the loss of nutrients.
- - Learn what the best food combinations are to get the best results for your health.
- - Most vitamins and minerals need to be taken together and with other foods. Healthy fats in plant-based foods like avocados and nuts aid in the absorption of certain vitamin and mineral supplements.
- - Use healthy cooking methods to prepare whole foods.
A healthy diet consisting of mostly raw and unprocessed whole foods, together with a good multivitamin and calcium/magnesium supplement will ensure that your body gets all the nutrients to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Now don’t forget that iherb is the place to go if you want to make sure to get all products that are healthy for you without going broke.